Sunday, November 11, 2007

Support for the Data Pipeline in PowerBuilder .NET Windows Forms Targets

Do you use Data pipelines in your applications? If so you should know that PowerBuilder 11.1 supports the use of the Data Pipeline in .NET Windows Forms targets.

You need to deploy a new DLL, pbdpl110.dll, with your applications if they use pipelines. This DLL must be deployed with both .NET Windows Forms and standard PowerBuilder Win32 applications.

The pbdpl110.dll has been added to the Runtime Packager.


I'm leaving for Europe today so my posts may be a bit erratic this week, depending on my schedule and Internet access. Stay tuned for more information about new PowerBuilder 11.1 features.

3 comments:

Andreas Theis said...

Hi Dave

first of all I wish you a happy new year! :-)

I recently upgraded to PB11.1 and today I deployed my application, after rebuilding against PB11.1. Though I do not use Data Pipeline, I got the error that I had to install pbdpl110.DLL when I launched my application.
Seems to be necessary anyway.

Greetings from Switzerland

Andreas

jo said...

Dave,
After upgrading to 11.1, I also had the same issue with pbdpl110.dll as Andreas. It seems the Runtime Packager did not include pbdpl110.dll in the msi file. I checked the version on the pbpack110.exe & it was still 11.0 & dated 5/11/07. So, it seems the 11.1 packager did not make it in the PB11.1 install.

Jo

Jack said...

I read your blog.This is a wonderful blog.I was able to get the
information that I had been looking for. Its really very easy to follow you in this blog.
e signatures